Monday, June 27, 2011

Making a Difference

Often I feel like I should be doing more to help the world. I feel like I need to go back to school and get a degree so I can get a job that will allow me to make a noticeable difference in the world. A job that would allow me to sit back in my chair and say, "wow, I made a difference in the lives of so many people this year," instead of "wow, I added a bunch of books to the collection this year that will probably never be read." But when I weigh everything I think I want against what I already have (a growing son, a wonderful husband, two crazy but awesome dogs, lots of land, a job that allows me to provide for my family, etc.) I realize that as long as I am making a difference in my son's life, I don't need to save the world. What he learns from me is going to trickle down and affect everyone he meets on his road so by being the best mom I can be, I am already making a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment