Thursday, June 30, 2011

Embracing Digital

I am 40 years old. I saw computers come into my school system in middle school but they never got a foothold before I graduated. Therefore, I have still relied on paper notebooks for writing, CDs/cassettes/vinyl for music, and paper bound books for reading. I love to collect all three hobbies. While I don't think that I will ever be able to get rid of my paper notebooks entirely, I want to start writing on the computer more and downloading books and music rather than buying a physical object to "have."

I am to the point in my life where I have too much stuff that isn't serving any purpose other than keeping me from enjoying my life. I don't have the room to store all the books and music that have piled up over the years and now reach from floor to ceiling. I don't want to pick up fallen Jenga towers of books, magazines, CDs, and notebooks anymore. I want to embrace the digital lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment