Tuesday, July 5, 2011

To Make Life More Like Camping

Yesterday I looked around my house again. My son has too many toys, I have too many unused blank journals, we have too many dishes; there's too much stuff everywhere. I thought, "I don't need this stuff when I'm camping, why do it need it when I'm living?"

When I'm camping I can walk around without tripping over books and papers. When I'm camping, I do what needs to be done when it needs doing. When I'm camping, I am free. I want to make my regular day-to-day life more like camping. So how do I do that?

Step One: Donate everything I no longer need or love.

Step Two: Stop buying things I don't need or love--even if they're $ .49 at the thrift store.

Step Three: Clean something everyday.

Step Four: Enjoy some fires with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment