Friday, July 8, 2011

We Have the Time

We have the time to do what's important to us. Don't believe me? Look at these examples:
  • Jim C. Hines works for the State of Michigan full time so he writes his fantasy novels on his lunch hour.
  • Neil Gaiman had several projects with deadlines looming, but he had a story he just needed to get out, so he wrote one page a night before going to sleep.
There are so many things I want to do that it seems impossible, but I'm working on aligning things. This morning, rather than go back to sleep when the dog woke me up a half hour early, I practiced sun salutations. I am currently writing this blog post on my lunch hour. Today I plan to vacuum my truck, which might never have been vacuumed in any of it's 10 years, because it's been driving me crazy for years that I don't have time to stop at the car wash and do it. Well, I do have time, I just need to realize and remember it. I have been getting cd's to listen to in the car because my musical tastes don't match any of the radio stations around this area and I'm tired of listening to Democracts vs. Republicians on NPR. All it takes is 2 minutes to switch out the cd's in my case but I told myself over and over again, "I don't have time, I need to leave right now." It's amazing how much better I feel listening to good music during my daily commute.

What are you going to do today that you never had time for before?

No comments:

Post a Comment